We believe the Bible is the wholly inspired Word of God and as such, it is the only source of knowledge of God available in the world today. We try to follow the example of the Lord Jesus Christ in our everyday lives.
We believe that Jesus will shortly return to this earth to set up the Kingdom of God, ruling over all nations of the world from the city of Jerusalem (Acts 1 v 11; Luke 21 v 24-28 & Joel 3 v 1, 2, 16).
Below is a list of some of our key beliefs, which differentiate us from other denominations.
- There is only one true God. He dwells in heaven, immortal and invisible and all-powerful. (Isa 45 v 5-6. 1 Tim 6 v 15-16)
- God created the entire universe and has a great purpose for the world. (Gen 1. Num 14 v 21)
- The Bible is the inspired word of God-given by Him to help humanity. (2 Tim 3 v 16. 2 Pet 1 v 20-21)
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God which He uses to fulfil His purpose, or Holy will. (Job 33 v 4. Rom 8 v 11)
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is also the Son of man through being born of Mary. (Luke 1 v 35. Rom 1 v 3-4)
- Jesus overcame all temptation and died to save his followers from sin and death. (Rom 10 v 9-13. 1 Tim 1 v 15-16)
- Jesus was raised from the dead by God. He ascended into heaven and is there as mediator to intercede when his followers pray to God. (Acts 2 v 22-27. Acts 1 v 11)
- Jesus will return to the Earth and there are signs that this will be soon. He will raise and judge the responsible dead and give eternal life to all faithful. (Dan 12 v 1-2. John 5 v 28-29)
- He will be King over the restored Kingdom of God in Israel and over all the world. (Isa 9 v 6-7. Zec 14 v 9)
- The followers of Christ, made immortal, will help him to bring everlasting righteousness and peace worldwide. (Mic 4 v 1-5. Matt 19 v 27-29)
- The devil is not a supernatural being. Temptation comes from within ourselves and leads to sin. (Matt 15 v 19-20. Heb 2 v 14-15)
- Salvation involves the forgiveness of our sins through Christ and freedom from sin and death at his coming. (Heb 9 v 27-28. 1 Pet 2 v 21-24)
- When we die we cease to exist. Heaven is the place where God dwells; hell is a Bible term for the grave. The only hope of life is by resurrection at Christ’s return. (Ecc 9 v 5-6. Rom 5 v 21)
- Belief in God’s Promises about the Kingdom of God, in particular the promises made to the Jews, and the work of Jesus Christ is essential. (Gal 3 v 6-9; v 14; v 16; v 26-29)
- Belief in the Gospel, repentance and baptism into Christ by full immersion in water and daily following Him, are necessary for ultimate salvation. (Mark 16 v 15-16. Rom 6 v 4)